[Context] How to ignore specific tree when extracting version from SVN?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:40:45 CET 2009

Hello,

When building the binaries for minimals I decided to use the latest
SVN version of XeTeX. On the server I use:
     cd TRUNK && svn info | grep "Last Changed Rev:" | sed 's/^Last
Changed Rev: \(.*\)$/\1/' && cd ..
to determine version of XeTeX and whenever the version changes it
triggers rebuilding the binaries.

But I just figured out that since Jonathan's last commit about two
months ago there have been 71 SVN commits into polyglossia (8) and
xepersian (all the rest). This means that any fluent binary builder
had to compile XeTeX 71 times (and SVN had to store changes) in the
last two months for nothing as texmf tree doesn't influence the
binaries.

On the contrary, ignoring any changes in texmf tree would mean
compiling it just twice or so since August.

Any volunteer to send me one-liner to fix that? I'm able to write a
ruby script to filter that out, but I'm sure that there must be some
extremely simple one-liner (or three-liner) in bash to solve that.

Thanks a lot for any hints,
    Mojca