[Context] How to ignore specific tree when extracting version from SVN?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:54:10 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 16:29, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> Any volunteer to send me one-liner to fix that? I'm able to write a
>> ruby script to filter that out, but I'm sure that there must be some
>> extremely simple one-liner (or three-liner) in bash to solve that.
>
>  All the actual source code resides in texk and libs.  So you may want
> to simply run svn info in those two directories and compute the maximum
> of the respective last revisions (in that case, 820, last November).

Thanks,

After some thinking I ended up with this:
    > svn log -q -r HEAD:800 | grep jonathan | head -n 1
    r820 | jonathan | 2008-11-17 22:55:01 +0100 (Mon, 17 Nov 2008)
(most probably because I wasn't sure how to compute max in a shell and
partially also because there could be other changes, in build-xetex
for example :)

But I will probably switch to your idea. I just need to reduce the
necessity of recompiling XeTeX quickly and this was the shortest code
in shortest time.

I'm also collecting ideas how to handle luatex, but that will be
another thread (I will most probably be offline between 19th and 6th,
so if you need any other changes, ask now :).

Mojca